This role includes writing, editing and proofreading copy across a diverse portfolio of clients, in a broad range of industries, but it’s also about so much more than that. To apply for this role you must think CONTENT before copy. If you can deliver compelling content to a target audience and make them take action – we want you!
To be considered, please include a copy of your CV and a comprehensive portfolio of written work. You may also be asked to complete a writing test.
Videos, social media ads, Instagram Stories, newsletters, apps, infographics, websites – we do it all! In this role you’ll create content for a diverse range of clients in a variety of industries across all marketing and communication channels. No two days are the same!
Our work environment is fast-paced and we expect quick turnarounds to meet deadlines, all while producing slick and engaging content. To apply for this role you must be passionate about all types of content and staying updated with the latest industry trends, to proactively identify content opportunities.
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct content that is engaging and original
- Understand a client’s strategy and create content that meets objectives
- Translate a brief and develop excellent content with minimum guidance
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts for pitches, campaigns and client briefs
- Revise or redevelop content in response to internal or external feedback
- Collaborate and brainstorm with creative, account management and digital teams
- Pro-actively identify content opportunities and gaps and make recommendations
- Conduct in-depth research on relevant topics and develop interesting and accurate content
- Adhere to strict briefs and deadlines
- Become familiar with a client’s products/services, tone and audience, and create content that ensures brand consistency
- Develop monthly content plans and tailor messaging according to performance
- Write engaging and clever content across various social media platforms, while adhering to industry best practices
- Create clear and high converting content for ads
- Degree or diploma in copywriting, advertising, journalism or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in a copywriting role
- Previous experience in an agency is advantageous
- Experience with long form writing is essential, B2B writing is advantageous
- Competent video script writing experience – for long and short videos
- Solid understanding of various social media platforms and how to create punchy content that increases engagement and followers
- Knowledge of SEO and keyword research to improve a site’s performance
- Executing and monitoring PPC campaigns is advantageous
- Executing and monitoring Metaverse campaigns is advantageous
- Experience in Canva is advantageous
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Finely honed copywriting, editing and proofreading skills
- Highly creative, curious and absolutely passionate about content
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Respond well to feedback and ability to defend your creative choices
- Strong research skills
- A strategic and creative thinker
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and delivering quality work under pressure and multiple deadlines
- Ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels of management, both internally and externally
- A comprehensive knowledge of the digital landscape
- Ability to adapt writing to different styles, tones and platforms, to appeal to various target audiences
- Creating microcopy – slogans, headlines, CTAs, etc
- An interest in, and knowledge of, the latest digital marketing trends
- Analyse content that improves Google search rankings, generates leads and increases conversions
- Create, manage and optomise content to improve SEO rankings
- A creative problem-solver focused on helping our clients succeed
- You take ownership and hold yourself responsible for a higher standard
- You thrive in an environment where challenge is the norm
- Identify, flag and address issues pro-actively
- Optimistic and positive in everything you do
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team
At Stratitude, we are a team of dedicated professionals known for our exceptional creativity, innovative thinking, and unwavering commitment to achieving outstanding results for our clients. We believe in the power of collaboration and teamwork to create something truly magical.
We’re a hard-working, fun, competitive and creative team – so if you think you’re a great fit, apply now.
You will be based in Johannesburg and will be working from our offices in Randburg.
Alternatively send a copy of your CV and a portfolio of written work to email@example.com